Monday, August 2, 2010

Do You Recognize A Joke?

Finally, I got a chance to watch an old movie about which I had been curious for a long time: Fiddler On the Roof. When the scene came on wherein the father sings If I Was A Rich Man, I said, "Oh, my goodness, he totally ripped that off from Gwen Stefani!" Everyone laughed at me. It was an awesome joke to be sure, since Gwen Stefani is a modern artist who sings a song, Rich Girl which follows the tune. Sadly, all of my friends thought that I had seriously mistaken who was copying and who was being copied.

Have you ever said something to be funny, and ended up being the butt of the joke?

1 comment:

  1. lol- the Gwen Stefani version is going to go through my head all day now! Also, thanks so much for showing my cuff over there- I appreciate it!!! :D

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your thoughts and experiences. Comments containing profanity will not be published.