Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Who Is The Mother?

When a child is conceived, the identity of the father is sometimes questioned.  But in my mixed-up world, there seems to be some question as to the identity of the MOTHER!  My husband tries to help me understand his mother's behavior. He says, “Growing up with 10 younger siblings, she has been a stand in mother since she was very young. She has always been a mother. She knows no other way to interact with people, so she mothers everyone.” The problem is that she thinks she is going to be a mother to my baby. The other day I asked her what she prefers to be called. Grandma? Grammy? Grandmother? Grams? She said, “I want to be called NahNah, because it sounds like Momma.” Even my husband's mouth dropped on hearing that! Since then, I've been having nightmares every night of my child being stolen and renamed. I can only hope that she will embrace the office of Grandmother. Mother is taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your thoughts and experiences. Comments containing profanity will not be published.