Monday, January 11, 2010

The Fault Finder

There is a specific part of the brain that detects flaws. I forget the real name for the section of brain, so I call it The Fault Finder. It detects what doesn’t belong, discrepancies. It is the part that sees lint on your sleeve and doesn’t want it there. It can make you a very good auditor. It serves an important function, but it can become over-developed. People who are impossible to please or who are always contrary have an over-stimulated Fault Finder. (I love PBS)! Reverse psychology works wonders on these folks. High carbohydrate diets and exercise can help too.

I wonder if there is any connection between OCD and this part of the brain. I think it likely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your thoughts and experiences. Comments containing profanity will not be published.