Thursday, March 1, 2012

Grandma's Reaction

My sister arranged for all of the womenfolk to spend the day at Grandma's house.  Since most of us are currently unemployed, we appreciated the diversion.  We all took some crafting supplies and fiddled around with that for the better part of a day.

I arrived at Grandma's house before the rest and the first thing she said was, "So, how did you get the day off of work?"  She said it rather accusingly, so I assumed that mom had told her that I no longer worked for my brother and his wife.  So, I admitted it.  No one had told her, so she stared with her mouth open for a full minute.  I did not wish to upset her further, so I just said that no reason was given.  Then I suggested that the economy made down-sizing a goood option.  She kept reasoning out questions like:  well, no one else knows how to do your job, do they?  did they get rid of anyone else?  etc.  I just said, I don't know to all of them.  She served me a beverage and then concluded, "I've always thought that she [my sister-in-law] didn't want anything to do with our family.  She has just about got him [my brother] separated from us completely now." 

Funny that Grandma's reaction was similar to mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your thoughts and experiences. Comments containing profanity will not be published.