Thursday, March 8, 2012

Out of Thin Air

The job hunt has been a little slow.  I hadn't quite gotten anxious about it yet, when the phone range one evening.  A regular patron of my brother's shop asked me to meet him the following morning to discuss a position with his company.  We arranged a time and place, and I hung up the phone.  My husband asked who the caller was.  I told him.  He asked, "what did he want?"  I said, "To offer me a job."  Then he asked, "Oh, really?  When did you apply?"  I was deeply satsified to answer, "I didn't!"  My husband couldn't completely help being impressed, though he tried. 

Apparently, I had made quite an impression on the man.  Upon discovering that I had lost my job, he immediately wanted me to work for him.  In the course of my interview, he revealed that he had asked my former employers for my home phone number.  A new position is actually being created for me. 

Come to think of it, my previous job came to me out of thin air too!  That doesn't exactly bode well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your thoughts and experiences. Comments containing profanity will not be published.